The Seventh-day Adventist Church desires through all of its educational programs to help prepare the youth for effective citizenship on this earth and for a rewarding citizenship in the New Earth.
The educational program of the church gives primary emphasis to character building and to the spiritual foundation in the life of its children and youth. Moreover, it makes abundant provision for the acquisition and interpretation of that which is appropriate from the store of secular knowledge and skills for mental, social, vocational, and physical development.
End of Summer-Swim Day @ YMCA
All students will be going to the Greeneville YMCA on Friday, August 29 at noon for our end-of-summer swim day. Students will be transported over to the YMCA by the faculty and our bus. Please plan to pick up your child at the Greeneville YMCA @ 3:00.
Swimwear must be appropriate and modest.
Student Association Officers Retreat
S.A. officers' retreat is Friday, August 22-Sunday, August 24. Officers will be going to Sevierville, TN and participating in the Smoky Mountain SDA Church service and doing a community service project Sabbath afternoon.
This retreat is an opportunity for the officers to plan events for the upcoming school year and build teamwork and grow spiritually.
Labor Day Holiday
Monday, September 1 is Labor Day Holiday and there is no school.
AAA Spiritual Retreat
The GAA 9/10 grade participation in the Atlanta Adventist Academy Spiritual Retreat September 4-6 has been cancelled.
This year the grades 5-10 Outdoor Education program will be returning to Doe River Gorge for three days, September 17-19. The cost is $50/student and is due on Friday September 12. A packing list, instructions an permission slip will be sent home in early September.
The Outdoor Ed sposors are: Mr. Herbie Hastings, Mr. Ramsay, Mrs. Shumaker, Mrs. Greene, Mrs. Emde and Mr. N.
- ***SCHOOL PARKING***-
▪ Just a reminder that there is NO GAA parking allowed in the Takoma Hospital’s Volunteer Center parking area during business hours. This parking area is for their employees and patients. Please do not park in their parking lot.
▪ The GAA school parking areas include:
- The playground area against the fence in front of the Shaw Center before and after school
- The right lane (as you’re going up) of the curved driveway during school hours.
▪ Please-Do not park in the parking spots usually occupied by the faculty.
▪ Please-Do not double-park and block in the faculty vehicles.
▪ Please-Do not block our neighbor Mrs. Reeves’ driveway (the areas that say “Do Not Block”)
▪ Please-Do not block the trash bin access for the truck.
▪ Please-Do not leave your vehicle unattended when you are in the drop-off/pick-up lane before 8:00 am and after school 3:00pm.
Shirt orders have arrived. If you would like to order additional shirts or other products, you may go to the Spirit and Pride website and order. www.spiritandpride.com
Be sure to use our school id # 112679
2010 Adventist EDGE School of Excellence Award Recipient
MAKE A DONATION
GAA is on Facebook!
Welcome Greeneville Adventist Academy students to another exciting year!!
May the Lord bless you and your efforts throughout this new school year!! I'm looking forward to His leading. ~ Mr. N
Click on Image