The Seventh-day Adventist Church desires through all of its educational programs to help prepare the youth for effective citizenship on this earth and for a rewarding citizenship in the New Earth.
The educational program of the church gives primary emphasis to character building and to the spiritual foundation in the life of its children and youth. Moreover, it makes abundant provision for the acquisition and interpretation of that which is appropriate from the store of secular knowledge and skills for mental, social, vocational, and physical development.
A big Thank-You to Mr. Ron Bankes for constructing our new Lego Robotics competition table. The table will be used for our robotics challenges and must be constructed to strict specifications. He delivered our table last Friday and he did an amazing job!
Thanks Mr. Bankes!
Jogathon/Move-a-thon Reward Trip
Each student that brought in more than $130.00 for our Jogathon/Move-a-thon will be participating in a reward trip this week. Details to follow.
Congratulations to our Goldstar winners.
The following students brought in the most sponsorship money for their classrooms and won a Taco Bell gift card:
Grades 1/2-Lillybeth A.
Grades 3/4-Lauren E.
Grades 5/6-Ava K.
Grades 7/8-Ty C.
Grades 9/10-Ryan K.
Congratulations to the Campus Family Blue Team!!
Davy's Campus Family team led the way and brought in the most sponsorship money for any team.
Team Blue will get their own pizza party for winning!!
Noon Dismissal on Friday, December 19th.
Student/Parent/Facutly Basketball Game
The upper grade students (grades 7-10) will be playing their parents, faculty and staff in a basketball game Saturday night, January 10. Doors open at 6:00 and game time is 6:30. There will be a small admission fee and food will be sold. This is a fundraiser for the 9/10 class trip at the end of the year.
Come out and enjoy a fun and sure to be entertaining evening.
Shield The Vulnerable
All current church/school employees and volunteers who work with our children/youth are required to participate in the Shield the Vulnerable screening program. Please help us keep your children safe. It's no cost to you and you will have the assurance knowing that your child is in a safe school environment.
Click here for directions.
Click here for the website.
- ***SCHOOL PARKING***-
▪ Just a reminder that there is NO GAA parking allowed in the Takoma Hospital’s Volunteer Center parking area during business hours. This parking area is for their employees and patients. Please do not park in their parking lot.
▪ The GAA school parking areas include:
- The playground area against the fence in front of the Shaw Center before and after school
- The right lane (as you’re going up) of the curved driveway during school hours.
▪ Please-Do not park in the parking spots usually occupied by the faculty.
▪ Please-Do not double-park and block in the faculty vehicles.
▪ Please-Do not block our neighbor Mrs. Reeves’ driveway (the areas that say “Do Not Block”)
▪ Please-Do not block the trash bin access for the truck.
▪ Please-Do not leave your vehicle unattended when you are in the drop-off/pick-up lane before 8:00 am and after school 3:00pm.
Shirt orders have arrived. If you would like to order additional shirts or other products, you may go to the Spirit and Pride website and order. www.spiritandpride.com
Be sure to use our school id # 112679
2010 Adventist EDGE School of Excellence Award Recipient
MAKE A DONATION
GAA is on Facebook!
Welcome Greeneville Adventist Academy students to another exciting year!!
May the Lord bless you and your efforts throughout this new school year!! I'm looking forward to His leading. ~ Mr. N
Click on Image